airberlin continues to operate as part of oneworld15 August 2017
airberlin continues to operate as part of oneworld®, following the German airline’s filing to commence insolvency proceedings under self-administration, to enable it to continue with its restructuring process.
Germany’s federal government is supporting airberlin with a bridging loan to maintain flight operations for the long-term.
airberlin states that this means:
- All flights operated by airberlin and its affiliate NIKI, which is also part of oneworld, will continue as planned.
- Their flight schedule remains valid.
- Bookings remain valid.
- All flights can still be booked.
As such, airberlin and NIKI remain as part of oneworld.
For airberlin's statement, see airberlin.com
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world’s leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. They include airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates.
As part of oneworld, these airlines:
- Serve more than a thousand airports in 150 plus countries, with 14.000 daily departures.
- Carry some 550 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of 3.500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 130 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 650 airport lounges and are offered extra baggage allowances. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports.
oneworld is the “most highly prized alliance” as current holder of:
- FlightStats’ Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for 2016, for the fourth year running.
- Global Traveler magazine’s 2016 GT Tested Reader Survey – for the seventh year in a row.
- Business Traveller’s 2016 Best Airline Alliance for the fourth year running.
- Business Traveler North America’s 2016 Best in Business Travel Awards, for the second consecutive year.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2016 for the 14th year running.
- The Trazees Favorite Airline Alliance 2017 for the second time.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of Travel Awards – for the third year running.