oneworld is Business Traveller’s best airline alliance again06 October 2014
oneworld® has today been named Best Airline Alliance for the second year running in the 2014 Business Traveller awards – confirming oneworld's position as the most highly prized global airline alliance.
oneworld is the current holder of an unprecedented six of the eight leading "best airline alliance" titles available in the various industry award schemes. Besides the Business Traveller title, oneworld is also:
- Skytrax's World Best Airline Alliance 2014 for the second year running.
- Global Traveler magazine's Best Airline Alliance in its GT Tested Reader Survey 2013 Awards for the fourth year running.
- World Travel Awards' World's Leading Airline Alliance 2013, for the 11th year running.
- Premier Traveler's Best of 2013 Readers Survey Best Airline Alliance.
- Air Transport News' Best Airline Alliance 2013.
oneworld member airlines also flew high in Business Traveller's 2014 awards individual airline categories. British Airways took three trophies – as Best Airline, Best Shorthaul Carrier and Best Frequent Flyer Programme.
American Airlines was named Best North American Airline, while Qatar Airways received the award for Best Business Class.
The awards, presented today at a ceremony in London, are based on a survey of the leading UK magazine's readers, as analyused by an independent market research company. Business Traveller describes them as "completely independent and widely seen as the leading accolades in the business travel industry".
To see the full results, go to businesstraveller.com
oneworld is an alliance of some of the world's leading airlines, committed to providing the highest level of service and convenience to frequent international travellers. Current member airlines include airberlin, American Airlines (including US Airways), British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, TAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and around 30 affiliates.
- Together as part of oneworld, they:
- Serve almost a thousand airports in more than 150 countries, with 14.000 daily departures.
- Carry some 510 million passengers a year on a combined fleet of almost 3.500 aircraft.
- Generate US$ 145 billion annual revenues.
oneworld member airlines work together to deliver consistently a superior, seamless travel experience, with special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including earning and redeeming miles and points across the entire alliance network. Top tier cardholders (Emerald and Sapphire) enjoy access to more than 600 airport lounges. The most regular travellers (Emerald) can also use fast track security lanes at select airports and are offered extra baggage allowances.