oneworld Programme Manager Membership
Overview & Key Responsibilities
Job Title: Programme Manager Membership
Department: oneworld Customer Experience and Membership
Reports To: VP, Customer Experience, Delivery and Membership
Standort: on-site at oneworld Management Company (oMC) headquarters, Dallas – Fort Worth, TX, or remote location
This is a part-time engagement on a contract basis for the next 12-18 months based at oneworld headquarters in Ft. Worth, TX or at a remote location.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter by 21 April 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
oneworld’s Programme Manager Membership is a part-time role that actively manages the introduction of a new member airline to the alliance. The Programme Manager introduces new oneworld member airlines to the membership requirements, develops a project plan and guides the new member through an 18- to 24-month integration process. The role involves travel, liaising between oMC, the new member and oneworld’s thirteen incumbent members. This position operates in a multicultural environment and requires strong project management and communications skills.
- Inducts new oneworld alliance members by coordinating cross-functional business units across oMC, incumbent members and new member airlines following the established oneworld governance process.
- Assists new member stakeholders at all levels to understand the oneworld membership requirements across multiple functional areas, including Brand, Loyalty, Customer Experience, Sales, Revenue Accounting, and IT.
- Manages a complex programme across multiple organisations and business units.
- Develops and maintains a project plan detailing all membership requirements, current status, risks and issues. a. Identifies critical path and highlights risks and issues early to all involved stakeholders
- Develops spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Acts as a first point of escalation in case any issues arise during the integration process and liaises with the appropriate stakeholders to resolve these roadblocks.
- Collects and validates evidence provided by new members, ensuring all requirements are fulfilled prior to joining.
Skills, Experience, And Qualifications:
- Five years’ managerial experience in a variety of airline functions, with a strong understanding of alliances and partnerships
- Previous alliance integration experience is an asset
- Good understanding of various areas of the airline industry, including Brand, Loyalty, Customer Experience, Sales, and Information Technology
- Technical understanding of airline processes, systems, policies, and procedures
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex problems
- Strong project management, planning, organization, and documentation skills; ability to prioritise key issues whilst maintaining attention to detail, with Project Management certificate (PMP, Six Sigma or similar) desired
- Self-starter, with a disciplined approach to achieving results; highly effective planning and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels, internally and externally
- Excellent team player who enjoys a fast-paced work environment, pays attention to detail, and is comfortable with dynamic objectives in an evolving industry
- Experience and success working across different cultural groups; oneworld’s business is conducted in English, additional foreign language capability is an asset
- Competency with Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to manage frequent travel with minimal administrative support
oneworld© is a global airline alliance of 13 world’s leading airlines - Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Fiji Airways is a oneworld connect partner. Almost quarter of a century of working together, delivering a superior, seamless travel experience, the oneworld Alliance will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2024.
At oneworld we are not just making travel better, we aspire to Travel Bright, with optimism, positivity, smartness, and intelligence. Our highly skilled and diverse team of professionals lead a variety of alliance activities working in collaboration with all our member carriers, accelerating the use of technology, innovating, and making travel more sustainable. Join us to shape the next chapter of the oneworld Alliance.
oneworld offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. oneworld is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Back to Careers page